We often get new tires every couple of years because of the perception that tires only last long. However, there are ways to properly take care of your tires that can greatly expand their lifespan. This is increasingly important during winter road conditions because you want the best tires you can have on icy roads! Here are some tire maintenance tips to prolong their life and keep you driving safer.
- Regularly check your tire pressure in all four tires to ensure they are properly inflated.
- Visually inspect them as well to look for any small leaks or unusual wear on the treading. You can also use this time to check for any nails or rocks that could lead to an issue later on.
- Inspect your rims as well for any cracks or other damage.
- If possible, keep your vehicle in doors or shaded as much as possible, as UV rays can shorten a tire’s lifespan.
- Take the time to remove debris from your tires when you’re cleaning your car.
- Rotating your tires regularly can drastically improve their longevity.
- Make sure your tires are properly aligned. Misalignment will cause wear and tear in places tires aren’t designed to withstand, decreasing their quality and lifespan.
By taking proper care of your tires, you can help them last much longer than two or three years. This can also help you feel safer driving throughout the winter months. If you do find yourself in an accident and in need of auto body repairs in Kildeer Illinois, the professionals at The Body Shop of Barrington.com can help.