It’s impossible to be prepared for every single thing that happens, but there are some precautions that can be made to handle most of what the road may throw at you. One easy, and important, way many people stay prepared is by having emergency kits made up in case of bad weather or when in a vehicle collision leaving you stranded. Its especially important during frigid winter months, one way you can stay prepared is by creating a winter roadside emergency kit, in case you find yourself in an unfortunate situation. If you are in a vehicle collision and in need of auto body repair near Algonquin IL, rest assured that the collision repair specialists at The Body Shop of Barrington will take great care of your vehicle.
Basic items every winter car kit should include:
- First aid kit
- Warm blankets
- Windshield ice scraper
- Pocket knife or other multi-purpose utility tool
- Emergency flares
- Flashlight or two with extra batteries
- Cat litter, which is a great alternative to ice melt when stuck in snow or ice
Many of these items, like a first aid kit, are things you should consider keeping your car stocked with year round. These useful tools can be collected in a small bin or utility bag and placed neatly in your truck, ready for use in an emergency. Another good addition to consider is packing some non-perishable food items that could be consumed easily like protein bars, certain canned goods and bottled water.
With these things in your vehicle, you can be confident that you’ll be prepared if the winter weather bogs you down. However, accidents happen, and if you do find yourself needing auto body repairs near Kildeer, Illinois or any of the Chicago area this winter, The Body Shop of Barrington will be there to help. Visit TBSBarrington.com to contact us or to get more information on our services.
We often get new tires every couple of years because of the perception that tires only last long. However, there are ways to properly take care of your tires that can greatly expand their lifespan. This is increasingly important during winter road conditions because you want the best tires you can have on icy roads! Here are some tire maintenance tips to prolong their life and keep you driving safer.
- Regularly check your tire pressure in all four tires to ensure they are properly inflated.
- Visually inspect them as well to look for any small leaks or unusual wear on the treading. You can also use this time to check for any nails or rocks that could lead to an issue later on.
- Inspect your rims as well for any cracks or other damage.
- If possible, keep your vehicle in doors or shaded as much as possible, as UV rays can shorten a tire’s lifespan.
- Take the time to remove debris from your tires when you’re cleaning your car.
- Rotating your tires regularly can drastically improve their longevity.
- Make sure your tires are properly aligned. Misalignment will cause wear and tear in places tires aren’t designed to withstand, decreasing their quality and lifespan.
By taking proper care of your tires, you can help them last much longer than two or three years. This can also help you feel safer driving throughout the winter months. If you do find yourself in an accident and in need of auto body repairs in Kildeer Illinois, the professionals at The Body Shop of Barrington.com can help.
It is finally fall, and that means changing leaves, comfy clothing and the holidays! It also means a lot of driving around to visit family and friends to celebrate with. We all love the holidays, but we also know that there are a lot of other cars on the road and the chances of getting into an accident can increase when travelling during this time. Because of this, we want to make sure you stay safe this holiday weekend to avoid damage to yourself and your car. Here are some safe driving tips to keep in mind this holiday season.
- Know the route ahead of time
- Check the weather ahead of time and be prepared for the circumstances
- Be well rested and alert
- Buckle up (and make sure everyone else is)
- Avoid distractions like cell phones
- Obey the speed limit
- Be cautious in construction zones
- Do not, under any circumstances, drive impaired
- Keep an eye out for any drivers that seem like they might be under the influence, be wary of them and report the incident
- Have your headlights on during any bad weather or as dusk approaches
Sometimes even the best drivers find themselves in need of auto body help. We want you to remain safe this holiday season, but, if you get in a collision and find yourself in need of a collision repair shop in Lake Zurich, Illinois or the surrounding area this holiday season, contact the professionals at TBSBarrington.com for services you can trust. Call (847) 625-1500 today.
Getting in an accident can be an incredibly stressful event, and the aftermath that needs to be dealt with doesn’t make the process any easier, at The Body Shop of Barrington we’ll help you through the process. Scratched paint, dented panels, total vehicle restoration, whatever damage your car has experienced in a collision you then have to determine if and where you’ll get it fixed, if those dents and scratches need immediate attention, how you’ll finance the repairs, etc. If you’ve never experienced the process of going to an auto body repair shop for your vehicle, this can be even more difficult. So, here at The Body Shop of Barrington we would like to walk you through some basic things to know if you’re seeking out an auto body repair shop near Schaumburg, IL or surrounding areas.
Research body shops in your area and find one trusted by friends and family as well as one that has good reviews
Don’t drive your vehicle if it’s damaged and has not been assessed as it might not be safe
Get a written estimate that is explained well before you agree to a service
Ask questions – quality professionals will be glad to help you understand what is going on with your vehicle and why something is priced as it is
Keep your paperwork so you can check the estimate against the bill as well as see an itemized list of everything that was done to your vehicle
Sometimes even the best drivers find themselves in need of auto body repair. From seamless paint and chip repair, dent removal, vehicle collision repair whatever you find yourself in need of, our collision repair shop near Lake Zurich, Illinois will be there in your time of need, contact the auto collision professionals at TBSBarrington.com for services you can trust.
As the scorching hot days of summer are slowly turning into peaceful fall days, you may find yourself thinking about making a day trip to Chicago. Cities can be brutal on hot days, making fall and spring prime seasons for tourists. However, driving in cities is slightly different than driving in more rural or suburban areas. It’s very fast-paced and there are a lot of distractions and obstacles, which can make the experience overwhelming. And, the last thing you want on your trip is to have to deal with a collision. So, take some tips from us to make your experience driving in the city safer and more relaxed.
Research – Something you want to do before a trip anywhere is research beforehand. This becomes especially important driving in cities. Know what roads you need to take and what laws you need to abide. This becomes helpful as you certainly don’t want to find yourself turning down a one way street in the wrong direction or making a right on red when you’re not allowed.
Practice your parking – If you’re not parking in a garage, it’s likely you will have to parallel park, so it’s time to brush up on that skill. You won’t have an unlimited time to park as other cars will be passing, so you want to make sure you’ll slide into the spot with ease and confidence.
Yield – Pedestrians and cyclists will be abundant, and that may not be something you’re used to. For this reason, be aware you need to keep your eyes on the road constantly and keep an eye out for them when you’re turning, changing lanes, or opening your door.
While it can be stressful driving in cities, keeping these things in mind should make it easier. Also be sure not to let the aggressive behavior of people more accustomed to it fluster you – keep driving with confidence and ease.
Sometimes even the best drivers find themselves in need of auto body help. If you find yourself in need of a collision repair shop in Lake Zurich, Illinois or the surrounding area, contact the professionals at TBSBarrington.com for services you can count on.
You worked tirelessly, saved diligently, and purchased the car of your dreams. You obviously want to do everything you can to keep your car working properly and at its best. While keeping your car looking shiny and new can sometimes be a priority that falls to the bottom of the list, it’s actually more important than you may think. Keeping your car clean, in fact, has much more value than just a material one. The following are all reasons you should consider cleaning your car, both inside and out, a little more frequently:
The longer you have your car, the longer dust and dirt can accumulate in your car. If you’re not cleaning thoroughly, you be exposing yourself to things associated with breathing complications, like asthma and mold. Dirt building up on the outside of your car is also an issue. The dirtier your vehicle is, the less visible it is to other drivers, making your car more likely to create blind spots near you.
Unlike a property, your car is unfortunately a depreciating asset. However, with proper maintenance and care, you can keep your car’s value high than it would be if you only take it to a car wash once or twice when owning it.
While cleaning the outside of your car is important, it’s just as important to make sure the inside is just as tidy. Cleaning under the hood is often a task many car owners ignore, but it’s an essential one to ensuring your car works properly. A clean system also makes it easier to spot and fix any issues quicker.
So now that you know you may have to start looking after your car a little more, it’s time to find someone who can help you do that. If you’re looking for body shops in Killdeer, Illinois and the surrounding area, visit TBSBarrington.com today. You can trust The Body Shop of Barrington to help you with your car’s maintenance.
Though it may seem like a no-brainer to stay safe on the road, we can’t stress it enough! The summer weather is gorgeous and many people and children plan their days around being outside as much as possible, which means there are many potential hazards on and near the road. Below are a few good-to-know tips on how to stay safe on the road this summer.
- Pack a roadside emergency kit: Before you even leave the house, be sure to take the time to pack up an emergency kit for if your car breaks down or an accident happens. Some important items to pack include: a cell phone/cell phone charger, first aid kit, flashlight, jumper cables, jack, work gloves, and basic repair tools.
- Stay alert on the road: Negligence causes accidents, which can lead to injury and even death of the people involved. If you’re driving long distances, make stops to eat, drink, return any calls or texts that have been on your mind, and change drivers if you’re feeling tired. Resist the urge to check your phone while behind the wheel, no matter how important you think the call or text may be.
- Keep kids safe: Never, ever leave a child alone in a parked car during the summer. A child’s body temperature rises 3-5 times faster than adults, so a hot car is unsafe even with the windows rolled down or air conditioning on.
- Minimize distractions: Your focus should be on driving, while driving. Risky driving behaviors include cell phone use, eating, drinking, talking, and messing with the radio… anything that takes your attention off of the road. Never assume someone else is on the lookout while you’re fiddling with the radio volume, because the only driver you can trust is yourself.
If you find yourself in need of vehicle collision repair, contact The Body Shop of Barrington at TBSBarrington.com or call 705-325-4242.
The Body Shop of Barrington has been in operation since October 1986 and after 30 years, still remains to be the locals’ first choice in collision repair centers. As a family-owned body shop, we understand the importance of your car’s appearance and our services range from scratch repair to frame replacements.
With this blog, we hope to provide our current and new customers with a variety of different DIY auto body maintenance tips for when you’re in a pinch and unable to get your vehicle into our shop. From dents to rust, we’ll provide simple tips you can do at home to keep your car looking great and intact until your next visit.
We’ll also provide you with ways to keep your car safe and protected while out on the road. A regular washing can go a long way and understanding what substances should and shouldn’t be used on your vehicle can make all the difference in your paint job’s durability.
At The Body Shop of Barrington, we strive to make all of our customers happy with our exceptional auto body repair services. If you find yourself scoping out collision repair centers in the Barrington, IL area, contact The Body Shop of Barrington at 708-325-4242 today!