It is finally fall, and that means changing leaves, comfy clothing and the holidays! It also means a lot of driving around to visit family and friends to celebrate with. We all love the holidays, but we also know that there are a lot of other cars on the road and the chances of getting into an accident can increase when travelling during this time. Because of this, we want to make sure you stay safe this holiday weekend to avoid damage to yourself and your car. Here are some safe driving tips to keep in mind this holiday season.
- Know the route ahead of time
- Check the weather ahead of time and be prepared for the circumstances
- Be well rested and alert
- Buckle up (and make sure everyone else is)
- Avoid distractions like cell phones
- Obey the speed limit
- Be cautious in construction zones
- Do not, under any circumstances, drive impaired
- Keep an eye out for any drivers that seem like they might be under the influence, be wary of them and report the incident
- Have your headlights on during any bad weather or as dusk approaches
Sometimes even the best drivers find themselves in need of auto body help. We want you to remain safe this holiday season, but, if you get in a collision and find yourself in need of a collision repair shop in Lake Zurich, Illinois or the surrounding area this holiday season, contact the professionals at TBSBarrington.com for services you can trust. Call (847) 625-1500 today.